Automated guided vehicles (AGV) – organisation of transport in modern production plants
The emergence of solutions based on the fleet of mobile robots (we often refer to them as AGVs) in industry can be called, not without a reason, a revolution in transport of materials. It is an intelligent system of automatically guided vehicles in Industry 4.0 factories, which replaces transport with the aid of forklift trucks and pallet trucks and allows goods to be moved without the intervention of an operator. AGV/AMR mobile transport robots do not only enable you to reduce labour costs, but, above all, significantly increase the company productivity.
AGV used for automatic and autonomous transport
The AGV robots produced by Etisoft Smart Solutions, Etisoft’s daughter company, are used for automatic and autonomous transport of components and finished goods. In this case, it is not only about designing and offering vehicles themselves to customers. ESS has gone a step forward and offers the whole intralogistics system based on AGVs. The automated guided vehicle (AGV) is one, yet essential) of the elements of a complex system. Its core is a production plan which translates to the management of missions within the framework of intralogistics processes. It takes into account traffic management and cooperates closely with people, machines, and systems.
Since the beginning the intralogistics system offered by ESS has been designed in accordance with customer needs and requirements. Engineers consider the limitations related to the infrastructure of the industrial plant used by the customer: they modify the dimensions, the components used, and the safety and navigation systems applied.
ESS autonomous robots have been designed to operate under control of IntraFleet 4.0 intralogistics system integrated with the supply management system. It allows you to simultaneously coordinate the operation of many autonomous mobile robots.
Benefits of the deployment of the intralogistics system
- reduction of costs of intralogistics for a company (improvement of efficiency and predictability of processes and internal transport safety)
- optimisation of intralogistics processes (process analysis precedes deployment; integration with the ERP/MES//SCADA systems, thanks to which employee supervision is not required)
- continuous improvement – measurement of the performance of the system and analysis of the data collected makes efficiency analysis and improvement possible (in accordance with lean management).
ESS AGV – one step ahead of the competitors
Not only did the engineers from ESS designed an intralogistics system, but they are also working on the solutions of the future in the field of autonomous intralogistics. These are:
- an automatic battery exchange system within the framework of the EU project HEPIS (High Efficiency and Performance Intralogistics System). It will increase the efficiency of the system with a simultaneous reduction of the operating costs of the solution.
- an autonomous mobile robot (AMR) built from scratch within the EU project LOTIS (Low Temperature Intralogistics System) with unique parameters. The robot will be able to operate at the temperature below -20°C (freezers, cold rooms), and thanks to the right constructional solutions it will not be hindered by strong dust and high humidity.
Since Etisoft Smart Solutions is, at the same time, a designer and manufacturer of robots and software, it can easily and quickly deploy necessary modifications to the offered solutions. Since it integrates its solutions itself, it has also a full control over the final effect.
Interested? Contact us.